Floppy Fish Android Game, created by a Filipino developer to Replace the controversial Flappy Bird
Following the success of Flappy Bird, an independent Filipino game developer based in United States released a new android game called "Floppy Fish". The mobile game is very similar to Dong Nguyen's addictive video game but with some additional challenging features.
As the name of the game implies, the character is a "Fish" instead of a fat and heavy-weight bird. The environment is underwater and you have to let the fish flop (by tapping the screen) so it would start its wonderful journey and adventure under the sea. As mentioned, the gameplay has a different level of difficulty which will definitely let you continue the game everytime you fail to avoid the traps. The game developer described it as "unusual trap & wicked obstacles".
Before you download the game from googleplay, let me give you the steps on how to play Floppy Fish.
1. Tap to float.
2. Just do the opposite (untap) to dive.
3. Avoid walls and ugly jellyfishes along the way.
4. Another unique feature, your optional goal is to free your fish friends to multiply your score.
Cool, isn't it?
By the way, Floppy Fish's minimum system requirement is Android 2.2.
So, what are you waiting for? Download Floppy Fish from Googleplay(Pinoy version) and enjoy the game experience brought to you by True Blue Creature Production.
Bits of information about the game and the developer.
- The twitter handle of the Floppy Fish creator is David_Jerome. (American, Glass Toe Studio)
- His handle at forum.xda-developers.com is Dblfstr. (American)
- His registered location is Huntsville, Alabama. (American)
- David Jerome describeds himself as an "Industrial and Systems Engineer, Army, Closet nerd", who is interested in art and football. (American)
- As of writing, Floppy Fish has been reviewed by 15 users. All of them rated the mobile app with a score of 5 points, the highest rating a user can give in googleplay. (waiting for an email response, but this was taken from googleplay store which indicated, "100% Independent Pinoy Game Developer") [See the recent update at the bottom of this article]
- Latest version is 1.0.0, uploaded on February 23, 2014 (Pinoy version)
- Philip Mark Roxas of Komersyo.com is the Pinoy Developer.
Update: We tweeted our post to David and he clarified that he has his own version of Floppy Fish and he is not a Filipino. He is not the Floppy Fish game developer that we are pertaining to. However, he also has his cool video game creation available in googleplay(you might want to download David_jerome's game as well!). Necessary changes are made above and highlighted in bold letters.
Again, the mobile game application of David Jerome is different from what is being discussed in this article. Here's the screengrab of our tweets.
UPDATE: We received a reply from Alwin Caldito and he provided us the direct download link of Philip Mark Roxas' Floppy Fish. The game developer was recently featured and interviewed by ABS-CBN news. Here's the video.