McDonald's opens a new Store in Boracay Island - PROs and CONs
McDonalds opens its newest store in one of the most popular beaches in the world--Boracay Beach Resort.
McDonalds on Sunday opened with hundreds of customers reportedly waiting for hours just to taste the very first sets of burgers and fries being served by the branch.
Reports indicated that McDonald's store is located within the property of the Boracay Regency Beach Resort, at Station 2, in the middle of Boracay's long stretch of white sand beach.
McDonald’s isn’t the first chain to open in Boracay, which already hosts branches of the Mang Inasal, Andok’s, Shakey’s Pizza, Army Navy, Pancake House and Starbucks Coffee.
So is this commercial rush in Boracay Island good or bad?
For tourists who have children who always like to eat regular McDo meals then this is the place to be. If you are on a hurry, just drop by at the store and in five (5) minutes you will have your meals ready.
McDonald's will also help in the normalization of the competiton against the existing chains in Boracay.
Unfortunately I see more negative results than the good stuff of having McDonald's in Boracay.
The Boracay garbage dump remains in operation handling about seven to 10 tons of garbage produced on the island on a daily basis, according to the Boracay Chamber of Commerce and Industry. In 1997, then-environment secretary Horacio Ramos publicly stated that improper sewage disposal had caused the spread of the coliform virus in the waters of Boracay, even comparing the beaches to an open septic tank (Manila Bulletin).
Having that said, McDonald's will have it share in destroying the image of the paradise. The opening of the McDonald store in Boracay will add the existing problem of solid waste management.
Another issue we need to look at are the minor local business establishments which could not stand against the competition being brought about by McDonalds.
Lastly, I thought that our government wants to promote our very own culture by offering Filipino dishes in the area but why are they doing the exact opposite?
If Boracay will keep on catering international giant commercial food establishments in the area, what would be the reason for foreign tourists to be in the area aside from the white sand beach resort?
Source: ABS CBN news, Manila Bulletin
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST, PLEASE SHARE THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS!
Website Disclaimer: The views of individual bloggers do not necessarily reflect the views of DiversityHuman.com. The owner and administrator of this site has given the bloggers the privilege to practice their freedom of speech and of expression.
|This entry was posted by Marisse Lynden on 11/14/12 at 05:41:00 am . We appreciate your time in reading our blog post..|
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter: Follow @DiversityHuman
Also visit our G+ profile.About the Author
DiversityHuman.com - It's all about us. It's all about you!
- The Return of San Miguel Beermen (PBA 2014)
- Ariel Guong wins gold, Arnold Classic 2013 bodybuilding competition
- Sam Pinto - 2012 FHM Philippines’ Sexiest Woman of the World
- APO Fraternity's 2012 Oblation Run held at UP Manila with the Theme of "Pagsusulong ng Internet Freedom"
- (Conspiracy)Napoles' alleged contact info,address and "detention" location leaked online|New York, USA
- Enlisted Navy Seamarshall onboard MV Aquinas hailed as HERO
- PARAC is Philippines' First Local Car Brand to Compete Against Toyota and Honda Automobiles
- Angel Jean Ligad (Amy Jean Nuena Ligad), OFW who suffers severe physical abuse in Kuwait
- Three (3) FEU students were shot, Juan Paulo Nepomuceno and Gerald Martin Ramos dead
- Automated Guideway Transit (AGT), a train in UP built by DOST - A waste of Public Fund?