McDonald's opens a new Store in Boracay Island - PROs and CONs
McDonalds opens its newest store in one of the most popular beaches in the world--Boracay Beach Resort.
McDonalds on Sunday opened with hundreds of customers reportedly waiting for hours just to taste the very first sets of burgers and fries being served by the branch.
Reports indicated that McDonald's store is located within the property of the Boracay Regency Beach Resort, at Station 2, in the middle of Boracay's long stretch of white sand beach.
McDonald’s isn’t the first chain to open in Boracay, which already hosts branches of the Mang Inasal, Andok’s, Shakey’s Pizza, Army Navy, Pancake House and Starbucks Coffee.
So is this commercial rush in Boracay Island good or bad?
For tourists who have children who always like to eat regular McDo meals then this is the place to be. If you are on a hurry, just drop by at the store and in five (5) minutes you will have your meals ready.
McDonald's will also help in the normalization of the competiton against the existing chains in Boracay.
Unfortunately I see more negative results than the good stuff of having McDonald's in Boracay.
The Boracay garbage dump remains in operation handling about seven to 10 tons of garbage produced on the island on a daily basis, according to the Boracay Chamber of Commerce and Industry. In 1997, then-environment secretary Horacio Ramos publicly stated that improper sewage disposal had caused the spread of the coliform virus in the waters of Boracay, even comparing the beaches to an open septic tank (Manila Bulletin).
Having that said, McDonald's will have it share in destroying the image of the paradise. The opening of the McDonald store in Boracay will add the existing problem of solid waste management.
Another issue we need to look at are the minor local business establishments which could not stand against the competition being brought about by McDonalds.
Lastly, I thought that our government wants to promote our very own culture by offering Filipino dishes in the area but why are they doing the exact opposite?
If Boracay will keep on catering international giant commercial food establishments in the area, what would be the reason for foreign tourists to be in the area aside from the white sand beach resort?
Source: ABS CBN news, Manila Bulletin
|Print article||This entry was posted by Marisse Lynden on 11/14/12 at 05:41:00 am . We appreciate your time in reading our blog post..|
Note: The views of individual bloggers do not necessarily reflect the views of DiversityHuman.com. The owner and administrator of this site has given the bloggers the privilege to practice their freedom of speech and of expression.About the Author
- Megan Young wins crown, Miss World 2013 in Bali Indonesia (Photos and Videos)
- Marian Rivera, number #1 in top Most-Hated People in The World
- PHIL Army-Navy Daring Rescue of Electric Workers, Gerona River in Tarlac
- Failed Taxi robbery: Carjacker suspects killed following a highway chase in Quezon City
- Bully RJ Barbers Pereña surfaces asking forgiveness to his victim
- Man Stole Organ Tissues including Brain Samples from a Museum and Sold it online via eBay
- Grenade explosion in Davao City injured 37 people
- Irene Nismal vs Haydi Lacsina: Violent Catfight of the Young and Old following their Children's Squabble
- Actual Video Footage of Church Belfry collapse in Cebu City
- Bomb Threat at LTFRB main office in QC